Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Hot Day…You bet!

The heat of the Sun makes me weary
And pricks my skin, as I come out from the ac office
The car becomes a furnace,
and stepping into it and touching the steering wheel make my hand nearly burn
the temperature control reads 105 degrees F, man I’m getting mad.
My bad…today I didn’t keep my car under the peepal tree, as I was sleeping late in the comfort of my cozy bed.
Did I tell you before that the peepal tree is there standing brave in all weather for more than 30 yrs…I’ve seen it since my birth.
The tired villagers take some rest under the tree in the wrath of summer, as well as rains.
The giant canopy is home to the sparrows and the parakeet.
that chirp all day long.
The sun sets at 8:30pm way beyond its normal schedule,
It seems to be harping on us lately,
The knowledgeable say that is because of global warming,
all I know is that it is getting hotter each year, and water shortages are increasing
some serious steps need to be taken to preserve the environment
and precautions to be taken against the deadly heat stokes.
Suddenly the air is filled with the fragrance of the magnolia flowers, as I take the exit from the highway to head home, the flowers have captivated the street with their aroma,
And that enthralls my senses against the strong heat
The sun has gone down and I can see patches of clouds
The weather channel says there might be some scattered thunderstorms tonight
Well that’s a welcome break from the scotching sunny days that we have
Hooray…I can hear the thunder, looks like the rain man’s prediction is true
But it will be short lived, as the summer is here to stay for some more time.
I hope to go to the beach, and release all my frustration against the hot weather this weekend, and then rejuvenate myself in the clear cool waters, and prepare myself for the next week.


-Bikram

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home